Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I'm a Bond Girl

Happy Halloween folks. Hope you all are going to do some fun stuff tonight! Can't wait to get around to everybody's blogs to see what they've cooked up for costumes. Ally's having a Halloween party, so that's where I'll be. Swing by and join the fun.
About my costume, well, it's only a costume in my imagination. You see, when I thrifted this sweater dress a few months back I thought it would be a way of taking the maxi dress look into fall/winter. Then I read an article tilted "A common Bond" in InStyle magazine featuring all the Bond girls over the years (minus Halley Berry! More on that in another post) and I then the light bulb came on in my head. I bet a Bond Girl would wear a long black sweater dress like mine. All sorts of weapons could be hidden under it! So there you have it. I'm a Bond girl. O.K. so it might be a stretch, but it was either this or one of those t-shirts that says "BOO".  Happy Halloween! Remember to drop by Ally's today... or the next.

17 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Sheila.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally WEARIN' that sweater dress, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you look very classy and sexy. Love that dress on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO you look like a FIERCE Bond Girl!! I love the dress!! It's simple enough that you can style it in so many way!!
    Glad to see you didn't blow away, either in the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are silky sexy sleek today! Thanks for the Ally reminder, I almost forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally read that one too! I love your Bond Girl costume! Very sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright Ms. Bond Gurl, really nice dress!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that dress is simultaneously wonderfully cosy-looking and stupendously flattering, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a totally gorgeous dress - so many sweater dresses are so dull and have high turtlenecks (what is up with that?). This one is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit and looks great on you.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great dress and you look fantastic! This is going to be great for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't be sure if you're a Bond girl or Angelina at the Oscars. You choose. BTW ... saw a tiny little apology to and a wee, tiny picture of Ms. Berry in the new InStyle. We all noticed it.
    Urk.
    Anyway ... looking sleek this day. This is the time of year for you in this dress!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this sweater dress on you! The length of it makes you look 7 foot tall! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I've been looking for dress like this one for ages now. Very hot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In this great dress, agents must have lined up to frisk you.

    ReplyDelete