Monday, September 24, 2012

Fetish Fantasy of a Forty-Something

This is my fantasy...
ZiGiny pumps


ZiGiny pumps (see more platform high heels)

This is my reality...

Yeah, my fantasy involves black leather, straps, studs and spikes...I'm talking shoes baby! I have a bit of a shoe fetish (surprise!). I love shoes; tall ones, short ones, skinny ones, fat ones, black ones, white ones. And ever since shoes with studs and spikes came out a couple years ago, I've been fantasizing about owning a pair. I'd like mine to be the tallest, spikiest, most outrageous pair out there, but really, where would I wear them without feeling totally ridiculous? My options are basically work and the grocery store. There's also the issue of my safety. After 43 years of living, I still haven't mastered walking in mega heels. And I'd rather spend the $250 on a nice purse (or shoes) than on the insurance deductible for breaking my neck. 
Here they are in real life. I still get all the bad ass-ness of the studs and spikes but the possibility of bodily injury has been reduced to almost 0.001%.  Cool.



"Conceited" black flats via Baker's Shoes
John Roberts striped over-dress: thrifted
Worthington gray under dress: thrifted; also worn here
Vintage Ettienne Aigner clutch: thrifted 


Hey,  Gracie , Ally, Pao Lynn, Gracey and Charmaine;
a big heartfelt thanks to you all for coming to the swap party. Lynn voiced the spectacular idea of having a permanent swap page, which I believe I'll do. 
The winner of the Pandora bracelet is #6, Charmaine. Congratulations.

Keeping my fingers crossed that some of your fantasies will become realities. Have a great week. See you at Patti's Visible Monday. Monday Mingle

17 comments:

  1. Those heels are amazing but as I am the Queen of Klutzlvania I'd have to settle for the flats-- which I NEED!! They are adorable!!
    Love your outfit, in fact!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, what Tamera said! Great look, fab shoes -- thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoe look too cool as does your ensemble. But I'd still worry about harming myself or others with the studs, just by crossing my legs!

    And thanks for doing the swap party, Sheila, it was fun! I already put it up as a permanent page on Project Minima. what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing shoes! I like that you've gone with the more practical studded flats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved to know that I didn't blow it entirely for missing the swap, and there will more opportunities! I love the idea of an ongoing swap-page. I will investigate. The shoes are totally cool and I love the stripey layered dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the heel are fantastic, but i do not want to see me walking in them. i also prefer to life on a lower level. your outfit is super! i love the combination of the dress with an underdress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally crack me up. :) That said, I absolutely prefer the flats, and your striped dress is fantastic! Some of my shoes flirt with foolishness, which has limited appeal, not to mention application.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these "sensible" shoes--spikes and strappy leather! Sorry I missed the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you as far as mega-heels...I haven't mastered them either. About a 3-inch heel is the best I can do. But your spikey flats are every bit as classy and chic! Good going!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life
    I'm giving away a gorgeous Soft Surroundings top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shoes are stunning and could be used as a weapon if needed. The stripes look perfect with the studs and spikes and glad that your fantasy became reality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, man, I'd take those awesome flats over the heels any day. Way cool. After literally falling twice in my Jeffery Campbell clinic boots I put them up for sale on ebay. Mega-heels are not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yea, those shoes are serious!! You look awesome in the flats. I'd like to see some martial arts moves in those babies. Have you tried mega platforms? Great striped dress too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some serious heels, but just as equally awesome flats! You could kick some serious butt in those things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh... I love the shoes you chose! Definitely "bad to the bone"! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your studded flats, they are so cute! A great way to get into the trend without causing any damage! I have some shoes with spikes on them and if I forget I can accidentally stab myself when I cross my legs! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The flats are rad. I really like the striped dress, must search for one of those. You could make a gunny sack look chic!

    ReplyDelete